HOW TO APPLY
The Frost Place Poetry Seminar | July 31 - August 5, 2016
Join a select community of poets for 5-1/2 days next August to refresh your artistic inspiration in a setting of great natural beauty. Have your poems-in-progress given generous and focused attention in this intimate setting. Our specialty is unparalleled access to a faculty of celebrated contemporary poets, and our goal is to send you home charged up to re-enter your own work. 2016 Seminar faculty includes Patrick Donnelly, Ilya Kaminsky, and Lyrae Van Clief-Stefanon.
The opportunity to discuss a full-length manuscript is also available.
- I liked the smallness of the program which allows faculty and participants to know the others well. Not a hierarchy like other, larger conferences. The week was the right length, the faculty was superb and the setting is very special. I felt warmly welcomed and loved being with poets in this setting. My first time.
- Morning presentations were a wonderful surprise. Engaging content, dynamic, generous, and intelligent instructors, all presenting material that was useful (and will continue to be so) to my development as a student of poetry.
- “[Frost Place staff] fell over backwards to ensure my happiness. The seminar was organized sincerely around the poetic welfare of the participants. It improved my writing significantly. I met interesting and talented leaders and participants. I enjoyed the company. I had opportunities to express myself. I learned from the visitors. I discovered some of my current limitations and capabilities. I received concrete means to improve my poetry.
- The lectures were all extremely interesting, informative and smart.
- The Frost Place, by which I mean its community, its teachings, its locations, its nourishing food—and, of course, its poems—allowed me the space, time, and support I needed to fall in love with my work once again. I came away from my Seminar week inspired, comforted, encouraged, and secure in the realization that I am one of a tribe of poets whose dedication to this craft is life-long, because a lifetime is what poetry requires. And we’re all in this together.
- A very affirming experience, which calls me back to the work I have to do once I'm home.
- This is an amazing community of writers. I’m always pleased with the generosity of the faculty and the magic of the readings. I was in a state of creative exhaustion when I arrived here, and I will leave renewed. As always I treasure the people I met here. They keep me fed, creatively, throughout the rest of the year.
- A whole week of honest and stimulating conversation about poetry…. Both faculty and participants were unfailingly generous, welcoming, and friendly. Critique sessions were highly engaging, insightful, and intelligent.