Resources for Educators
The Frost Place is a class trip destination and, we hope, a destination for educator resources. We will be posting lesson plan ideas, professional development opportunities and more. If you would like to see something specific, or you have a question, please email us.
- Printable Frost biography/timeline with linked poems
- Frost Lessons/Writing Prompts with poems—lesson ideas /writing prompts for a variety of age levels, with suggested Frost poems
- Whitman biography—short overview of Whitman as poet of witness
- Book recommendations/Professional development
- (Link to CPT/Writing Intensive)
- Field Trips—The house museum is a self-guided tour, with many artifacts, photographs, and museum cases of Frost memorabilia on display. The Poetry Trail follows a gentle, easy walking path through the woods behind the house. The historic Henry Holt Barn has more memorabilia, a small gift shop with locally sourced items and lots of books, and 25-minute video about Frost’s life and work in Franconia, NH. There is a knowledgeable docent on duty who can do a special, age-appropriate educational programs for groups. Please make sure to indicate if you would like the program when you schedule your field trip. We have limited hours during May and June, but special arrangements may be possible upon request. The Frost Place is open from Memorial Day until Columbus Day, 6 days a week (closed Tuesdays).
- Printable Scavenger Hunt for Children and Families
- (Link to YPC/Early Frost)
Questions? Concerns? Suggestions? Contact our educators here.